Update me on the current progress of my comparative intervention project exploring the question: “How can Chengdu’s local culture shape its fashion identity?”
So far, I have initiated the first phase of the intervention, targeting two participant groups:
我目前的对比性干预项目进展,主题是:“成都本土文化如何塑造其时尚身份?”目前,我已开展了第一阶段干预,面向两个群体发布活动邀请:
- Chengdu locals base in Chengdu 常住成都的成都人
- Chengdu locals base in UK 常住英国的成都人
Event Poster:

This initial stage involved an open call for participants to submit outfit photographs that they feel represent Chengdu’s local cultural identity. The responses are currently being collected, and some early patterns have emerged—most notably, a significant number of submissions incorporate modern or Western styles, such as T-shirts, denim, or punk aesthetics.
第一阶段以开放式提问的形式邀请他们提交一套能够代表“成都本土文化”的穿搭照片,现阶段正处于收集状态。初步观察发现,大多数提交的穿搭偏现代或西方化,如T恤、牛仔裤、朋克风皮衣等。
In response to this, I am preparing to launch the second phase of the intervention. This will take the form of a participatory semi-structured intervention, designed to engage participants in reflective dialogue about the cultural logic behind their outfit choices. Key questions will address issues such as the tension between imported styles and local identity, personal perceptions of “Chengdu local culture aesthetics,” and how (or if) intangible cultural heritage might be integrated into everyday fashion.
基于此观察,我计划开展干预的第二阶段,采取参与式半结构化的访谈方式,邀请参与者进一步讲述他们在穿搭选择背后的文化逻辑。访谈将聚焦以下几个方面:外来风格与本土身份的张力、他们对“成都本土文化美学”的理解、以及“非物质文化遗产”是否可能成为日常穿搭的一部分等。
Semi-structure intervention 半结构化干预:
❶ 代表性认知 Representative Understanding
你为什么选择这套穿搭代表成都本土文化? Why did you choose this outfit to represent Chengdu’s local culture?
你是否想过“成都”给你的审美印象是什么? Have you ever thought about what kind of aesthetic impression “Chengdu” gives you?
❷ 舶来品意识与反思 Awareness and Reflection on Imported Styles
你觉得这些服饰有多少是来自其他文化的(例如西方)? How much of your outfit do you think is influenced by other cultures (e.g. Western fashion)?
你会质疑这些风格是否真的“代表成都”吗?为什么? Do you question whether these styles truly “represent Chengdu”? Why or why not?
❸ 本土文化想象 Local Cultural Imagination
在你眼中,成都有哪些“本土文化”是你熟悉的? In your view, what aspects of Chengdu’s “local culture” are you familiar with?
你认为“成都真正的文化”应该是什么? What do you think Chengdu’s “real culture” is?
你觉得“非物质文化遗产”是否属于成都日常穿搭可能的一部分? Do you think elements of intangible cultural heritage could be part of Chengdu’s everyday fashion?
❹ 想象与补充 Imagination and Supplementation
如果现在让你重新选择加入某种成都本土文化元素,你会选什么?为什么是它? If you could now choose to add a specific local cultural element to your outfit, what would it be? Why that one?
有没有一些元素你曾经忽视过,但现在回头看觉得其实很成都? Are there any elements you once overlooked but now realize are actually very Chengdu?
【内化与距离】Internalization and Cultural Distance
你小时候/在成都生活时,有没有什么服装上的印象特别成都?现在还保留这种感觉吗? When you were younger or living in Chengdu, were there any clothing styles that felt uniquely “Chengdu” to you? Do you still feel that way now?
你觉得成都人穿衣有一个“共同的风格”吗?你认同自己是其中的一员吗? Do you think people in Chengdu have a shared sense of fashion style? Do you feel like you are a part of it?
【未来想象】Future Imagination
你能想象10年后成都的年轻人会如何通过穿搭表达自己的身份吗?是更加国际化还是更加注重本土文化? Can you imagine how young people in Chengdu will express their identity through fashion in 10 years? Will it become more international or more focused on local culture?
如果你现在是一个服装设计师,要做一个‘成都文化’系列,你会以什么为核心灵感? If you were a fashion designer now and wanted to create a “Chengdu culture” collection, what would be your core inspiration?
同时,考虑到地理位置与参与人数的现实限制,我为Group B(base in UK)制定了两种形式的计划:
Plan A: 一对一反思性访谈(At least 5 people participated)
Plan B: small focus group discussion(Less than 5 people participated)
Leave a Reply